Status: Permanent full-time role (35 hours per week) based predominantly onsite
Salary: $117,239 to $129,044 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation (subject to Award related increases from July 2023).
- Vibrant eastern suburbs location with easy access to cafes, beaches, and parks.
- Create a sense of community - your work creates meaningful impact.
- Integrate Council's core enterprise and departmental systems to ensure seamless flow of information across our environment.
- Continue to develop skills and knowledge through Council's learning and development program
Integration is critical to power better business decision making, by making sure that our internal and external customers can make the best decisions using data from all of Council systems. As Council’s specialist in this area, you will focus on API and ETL based integration between enterprise systems (both internally and with cloud systems and hosted services), to ensure that systems can exchange data in an efficient and effective way.
To deliver on this vision, you will analyse the capabilities of existing and future applications and identify the best approach to integrate - using APIs for real time, or ETL for batches. You will then work with the business to determine requirements for what data needs to flow between the source and destination systems, document and build out the integrations using your preferred approach. As part of this, you may manage vendor resources to complete the actual technical build or use your own knowledge to build out the system in our preferred tools.
As expert in this area, you’ll be given a high degree of autonomy, but will have the support of data specialists, solution architects, applications analysts, and information governance practitioners in the Information Management & Technology department, as well as being able to draw on business users who understand the systems and data they use as required.
To be most effective in this role, you'll be working onsite with colleagues across the department and also the business. There will be limited opportunities to work remotely if required to allow focus on a specific deliverable however the focus is being with the team to achieve the best outcomes.
The benefits of working for Council is that you will also have a day off per fortnight (flex), additional leave entitlements, health and wellbeing days, professional development opportunities, fitness passport and novated leasing access but most importantly, a strong work/life balance with minimal after hours or on call work.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity, and inclusion for our employees and our community.
Our organisation is embarking on a new journey to place customer experience at the centre of our delivery program.
We will trust you to bring:
· Knowledge of integration architecture principles and best practices including security
· Ability to analyse both current and future applications and data to identify appropriate solutions based on capabilities of systems, using the appropriate approach
· Ability to undertake all the lifecycle stages of integration from design to implementation
· Problem solving and analysis including to resolve issues and identify opportunity for improvement of performance, functionality, or reliability of integrations
· Ability to document, communicate and support business users
· Knowledge such as relevant tertiary qualifications or demonstrated relevant experience
Things you will do:
· You will lead the implementation of integration solutions between different solutions to meet Council’s business requirements and the ongoing support of integrations across their lifecycle.
· You will analyse, research and design solutions to integration challenges to implement efficient, sustainable solutions whilst minimising complexity and adhering to consistent standards where possible.
· You will use your technical skills to drive the successful implementation of integrations either through your own efforts or using vendors and contractors as needed across the lifecycle stages of design, select, plan, build, test, commissioning, and transition to support.
· You will analyse and solve problems with existing integrations and plan improvements to overcome issues with performance, functionality, or reliability.
· You will demonstrate leadership within IMT by using resources in the most effective way including the effective management of vendors and contractors to achieve the best outcome for Council.
· You will lead change and work collaboratively across the different IMT functional areas to drive the best outcome for the department, and therefore Council, as a whole
· You will work collaboratively and with technical staff, business users/customers, vendors of software products and suppliers of professional services.
As this position is a position of trust, employment in this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal History Check with a result of no relevant adverse findings.
View the position description online or contact Anthony Collis, Manager Information Management and Technology, on 02 9093 6601.
- Job Function Professional and Administrative Position
- Pay Type Hourly
- Randwick City Council Administration Building, 30 Frances Street, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia