Closing Date: 9 June 2023
- Vibrant Eastern Suburbs location
- Create a sense of community
- Work-life balance – work a 9-day fortnight
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Development Assessment team to provide expert engineering advice in relation to development applications, carrying out compliance inspections of development works, preparation of S88B and S88E documents, as well as providing innovative, practical, and high-quality solutions to ensure compliance with relevant legislation/engineering standards/guidelines/codes and policies.
What we value:
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. Our culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
We will trust you to bring:
- Tertiary qualifications at the degree level in Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- Good understanding of the infrastructure impacts of urban developments.
- Working knowledge of the relevant provisions of relevant Acts and Australian Standards.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing architectural and engineering plans and preparation of reports.
- Ability to prepare and give evidence in a Court environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels and disciplines and to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to accept responsibility and work to defined deadlines.
- Commitment to providing quality customer services.
- Class C driver’s licence.
- NSW Construction White Card.
Things you will do:
- Interact with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide high level technical assessment of engineering matters.
- Negotiate with parties to resolve engineering related issues.
- Accurately identify and assess matters that require detailed conditions of consent.
- Impose conditions, performance bonds/security/damage deposits and/or bank guarantees to ensure that Council’s assets are suitably protected during development works.
- Coordinate the referral of and response to relevant applications by the waste, landscaping, and traffic sections within Council.
- Provide technical advice and strategic direction on policy matters.
- Represent the Development Engineering Team in the Development Assessment Committee (DAC) as required.
- Prepare evidence and represent Council on proceedings in Land and Environment Court.
View the position description or contact John Flanigan, Coordinator Development Engineering, on 02 9093 6924.
- Job Function Professional and Administrative Position
- Pay Type Hourly
- Randwick City Council Administration Building, 30 Frances Street, Randwick, New South Wales, Australia